Originally, humans discovered and cultivated seedless fruit from genetic mutations. It is a mutation or defect of the plant because it can no longer sexually reproduce. However, parthenocarpy of certain fruits on a plant is of value. Seedless fruits are very desirable especially in edible fruits with hard seeds such as orange, grapefruit, pineapple, and banana.
Naturally, all fruits have seeds. However, genetically engineered seedless fruits are in high demand because of their hassle-free convenience.
Have you really looked at a seedless watermelon? They are more oval-shaped, like a ball. If you find white seeds inside of a watermelon it is a sign of genetic engineering and this can be harmful to the human body.
The watermelons with white seeds lack vitality and are deficient in minerals and other nutrients. The texture will also be different than compared to the real thing. The genetically engineered product will also be unnaturally high in sugar, which is why it tastes sweeter. Basically, you will have unnaturally high sugar content and unnaturally low mineral content.
Eating the genetically engineered food will cause the body to lose minerals and thus energy. If the food you eat is devitalized, then you too will be devitalized, as you are what you eat.
Today, people are eating too many seedless fruits. People are eating seedless grapes, seedless pineapples, seedless bananas, seedless oranges, and seedless watermelon. Yes, these fruits are very sweet but again, they are also very low in mineral content, throwing off the body's natural balance.
Hybridization versus Genetic Modification
Genetic modification takes place when the plant's genes are permanently modified. Hybridization is when the seeds of two plants are cross-bred to cultivate certain traits.
Hybridization has taken place for thousands of years. Genetic modification is very young, and unproven. The only advantages to genetic modification are to make the plant more resistant to pests, pesticides and disease. There are no known advantages to humans ingesting genetically modified foods.
Disadvantages of eating seedless fruits
Since seedless fruits are genetically modified, it's important to know the disadvantages of eating genetically modified foods:
- The safety of genetically modified foods is not proven.
- There are early links between consumption of genetically modified food and cancer in humans.
- Genetically modified foods may be linked to the development of allergies.
- Genetically modified foods may introduce animal by-products into fruits and vegetables, which will cause significant issues for people with dietary restrictions.
- Genetically modified foods cannot be recalled.
- Foods modified to resist disease tend to pass along this quality to humans, which may be contributing to the decrease in the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- Genetically modified foods change the soil's flora and fauna, which make it difficult for long-term viability of the soil to grow future crops.
- The genetically modified genes of the food may impact the genes of the person eating it. This can create long-term and possibly irreversible health problems.
- Insects pollinating or eating genetically modified foods can develop the same types of resistance, which can throw agricultural ecosystems out of balance.
- All of the above challenges may be irreversible.
It would be wise to abstain from eating genetically engineered foods as well as hybridized foods, especially fruits. Eating organic and seeded fruits whenever possible is the healthiest option.
Thank you for reading!