Edema and Swelling Problems
Causes of swelling
Swelling and edema can be cause by a wide variety of things:
- Poor diet is a major cause of edema
- In response to some other condition in the body such as congestive heart failure, kidney abdomen disease, cirrhosis of the liver, damaged leg veins, diabetes, compromised lymphatic system
- Lack of movement (such as sitting in the same position for too long)
Symptoms of edema include:
- Inflammation or swelling
- Stretched skin
- Shiny skin
- Skin that's slow to restore to its natural state after being pressed on by an object
- Increased size in a limb, body part or abdomen
Diuretic herbs are ideal in reversing or healing edema and other swelling conditions. Good diuretic herbs include: Buchu, Uva Ursi, Parsley, Cornsilk, Juniper Berry, Agrimony, Celery Seed, Queen of the Meadow, and Pelitory of the Wall.
Lymphatic massage can be helpful in reducing edema and other swelling conditions. Lymphatic massage is a form of massage that helps move the lymph flow that is very important for maintaining health and wellbeing. It also helps to improve circulation throughout the body.
Anti-gravity exercises help all degenerative conditions because it helps to bring oxygen flow to the brain, but also just as importantly, it helps improve circulation of the blood and lymph. Slant boards make anti-gravity exercises easy today in your very own home. They are available from:
Modify your diet! Salty and/or spicy foods are contraindicated and should be avoided. White table salt and other sodium types promote fluid retention in the tissues of the body. Be careful of anything that says:
- sodium benzoate
- sodium chloride
- sodium nitrate
Your best bet is to eat more plant-based foods, more raw fruits and vegetables (organic, if possible).
Refrain from consuming beverages such as milk, wine, beer, spirits (alcohol), lattes, shakes and malts, soda pop, fruit juice from concentrate, Kool Aid, etc.
Solutions from Dherbs.com
Related Questions Ask A Question