Understanding Acidic vs. Acid-Forming
Acid foods or acidic foods are the polarity of alkaline foods. Some nutritionists believe that our diets should consist of at least 20% of acid or acidic foods (unprocessed or unrefined fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and grains). The other 80% of foods we should consume should be alkaline. So 80% alkaline and 20% acid or acidic is a healthy balance.
Now while naturally acidic in nature (simply because they contain various acids), the acids in acidic foods are salubrious and needed by the body for purposes of balance. Balance is very important, both for spiritual and physical well-being.
The acids you find in an orange, lemon, lime, or grapefruit are not the same kind of harmful acids found in acid-forming foods such as dairy products, meats, and refined grains.
Acid foods, i.e. citrus fruit and certain nuts, are not the same as "acid-forming" or "acid-inducing" foods, i.e. meat, milk, butter, ice cream, white bread, eggs, or sugar, which are usually processed and/or refined foods.
Refrain from confusing "acid foods" (which are listed in our Food Combining Chart) with "acid-forming" foods that have been cooked or processed.
Acid or acidic foods such as certain fruit and nuts will not produce harmful mucus (thick, viscous, yellow-greenish mucus) like acid-forming foods will produce. Again, there is a difference. Refrain from confusing "acid" or "acidic" with "acid-forming" or "acid-inducing." They are not the same!
Please reference the following:
Acid or acidic foods
Acid or acidic foods are produced in or by Nature and are healthy. They produce a healthy, clear-colored mucus.
Here's a short list of acid or acidic foods:
FruitCitrus fruit-oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, etc.
|Vegetables||Brussels sprouts, Cress|
|Seeds||Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds|
|Nuts||Cashews, filberts, macadamia, pecans, walnuts, pistachio, etc.|
These foods in their natural state are healthy to consume and do not produce unhealthy mucus (phlegm).
They can be consumed while on a Dherbs.com Full Body Cleanse. These foods help produce healthy mucus (clear mucus) in the body.
Acid-forming or acid-inducing foods
Acid-forming foods are man-made. They produce unhealthy mucus, also known as phlegm. The following foods are acid-forming or acid-inducing:
Meat and Processed Meat ProductsBologna, salami, ham, steak, hamburger, chicken, bacon, fish, turkey, sardines, tuna, pork, pastrami, lamb, lobster, crab, shrimp, etc. Daily Milk, ice cream, butter, sour cream, yogurt, cream, etc.
|Dairy||Milk, ice cream, butter, sour cream, yogurt, cream, etc.|
|Eggs||Poached, boiled, scrambled, etc.|
|Refined grains||Cake, donuts, cookies, pies, white bread, bagels, crackers, cereals, toast, waffles, pancakes, etc.|
|Miscellaneous||Soda pop, wine, beer, coffee, chocolate, hot cocoa, Kool Aid, candy, lattes, chewing gum, distilled vinegar, canned foods, bottled foods, T.V. Dinners, potato chips, pickles; pharmaceutical drugs (prescription medicine), illegal or illicit drugs, etc.|
These foods and beverages are unnatural and are man-made and unhealthy to consume. DHerbs does not recommend eating acid-forming or acid-inducing foods at any time.
Thank you for reading!
This article is compliments of Dherbs.com
Solutions from Dherbs.com
Related Questions Ask A Question