Add DHerbs.com to your bookmarks

Thank you!
Track your USPS package

Dherbs Forums

+  Dherbs Forums+  Spirituality - Self Help - Motivation+  Relocating to Florida « previous next »
Pages: 1
Author Topic: Relocating to Florida  (Read 1834 times)
W1ze

« on: March 21, 2009, 05:13 pm »

I'm moving to florida in a few days wanted to get a heads up from anyone in the area about to find food, books, herbs and places to meet people I might vibe with. Any input is welcomed.

EVERYTHING you see is just a thought manifested.

Reply with quote  Reply with quote
dunkin719

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:24 pm »

Where in FL? Just curious

knix20

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:57 am »

if you are going to be in the pembroke pines/hollywood area there is a health food store on pines blvd a little bit past pembroke mall. If you have ever been to atlanta, it reminds me a kind of like sevenada. i dont remember the name, but it sells herbs, vitamins, soap, ,vegggies, etc.

In the coral gables/pincrest area they have whole foods off US1

i found this website: organicconsumers.org  that is how i found the spot in pines blvd. but you can search for any business that is organic concious

What are you waiting for?!!? Join the Closed Lids Community Forum- http://bit.ly/bgg5ju and interact! See you there :)

www.closedlids.com
www.twitter.com/closedlids
www.facebook.com/ClosedLids
www.lmariedreams.blogspot.com

knix20

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 05:18 am »

The one in Pembroke Pines is called Nutrition S'Mart nutritionsmart.com

They are located in Pembroke Pines, Tampa, Palm Beach Gardens, and Port St. Lucie. soon they will open new stores in new tampa and east orlando.

What are you waiting for?!!? Join the Closed Lids Community Forum- http://bit.ly/bgg5ju and interact! See you there :)

www.closedlids.com
www.twitter.com/closedlids
www.facebook.com/ClosedLids
www.lmariedreams.blogspot.com

W1ze

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 08:01 am »

Maybe Orlando to make money off of the tourism or Panama city i heard it might have the vibe I'm looking for.

Nefetari

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 08:01 am »

Also in the hollywood area, there is josh's nmarket, its located by the beach and open every sunday, it has some of the healthiest fruits and veggies there! There is also a wholefoods after aventura mall, and a decent farmers market in north miami beach. For veggie restaurants, there is granny feelgoods (both in aventura and downtown miami).
Coconutz fusion, which is caribbean, on 441 in miramar.
Royal India, which is indian, right off the griffin exit, head west and its on ur right.
There is also Natural Vibes restaurant in ft. Lauderdale

Believe there is more to me that meets the eye. I am part of the infinite, so I am undefined

Nefetari

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 08:03 am »

Ooops I guess I posted the same time as you, not to familiar about orlando, but I'm sure they'll have the basics, like a farmer's market and wholefoods

Believe there is more to me that meets the eye. I am part of the infinite, so I am undefined

W1ze

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:24 am »

Whole Foods is cool, but to me they charge way too much for the basics. I like the mom and pop operations, usually means  lower prices and they just feel homey.

dunkin719

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 12:46 pm »

Thanks for the info Knix20 and Nefertari, I am considering a move to South Florida (Miami) area, peace.

dunkin719

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 12:55 pm »

I lived in Orlando for awhile. It is nice and they do have other stuff down there besides Disney.  The fact that they have Disney brings plenty of attractions though. They have a Whole Foods (I was there when it first opened) and some other little nice health food stores.  I have heard that Miami South Florida has a little more to do entertainment wise and has more health/vegan oriented venues.  Peace yall.

Pages: 1  
« previous next »